Sunday 7 to Sunday 14 October is WA Mental Health Week.
“1 in 5 Australians are affected by mental illness, yet many don’t seek help because of stigma. We can all do something to help shed a more positive light on mental health.”
– Mental Health Australia
Lords is running a calendar of events and activities in support of Mental Health Week 2018. These events are aimed at promoting wellbeing and connection within the community and increasing awareness about mental health issues.
Sunday 7 October
- Bring a friend for free to 11.40am Yoga.
Monday 8 October
Tuesday 9 October
- Bring a friend for free to 10.30am BODYBALANCE.
Wednesday 10 October
- Join one of our friendly gym instructors for a de-stress and stretch session in the gym at 10.30am and 6.30pm.
Thursday 11 October
- Bring a friend for free to 9.30am Yoga.
Friday 12 October
Saturday 13 October
- Free mental health wellness talk. Join speaker Matt Vapor for a thought-provoking talk on his experiences with mental health. The talk will take place at 10.30am in the Lords cafe meeting room. Please RSVP here.
Sunday 14 October
- Bring a friend for free to 11.40am Yoga
We hope to see you at one or all of these events!
To find out more about Mental Health Week, visit mhw.waamh.org.au.
Back to Health and Fitness Blogs